- You can fulfill the majority of WSU’s general education (UCORE) and the pre-engineering admission requirements at any college (2 year or 4 year) and complete your Software Engineering degree at WSU, in our brand new state-of-the–art WSU Everett Building
- While it is not required for acceptance to our program, we recommend pursuing a community college transfer degree if possible.
- The associate of science track (AST-2) or a DTA degree could help with your pre-engineering study, as they include the majority of WSU general education (UCORE) requirements. WSU-Everett may also admit students as dually enrolled while they are completing the last few prerequisites. Consult with our academic coordinator while planning your curriculum.
- If you have any questions about equivalent courses at your current college, or about how long it might take you to finish your degree at WSU in Everett, contact our academic coordinator–we can help you work out a personalized transfer plan. We can also advise you on other courses (required later) that can be taken in advance.
Pre-Engineering Program Acceptance Requirements
- To qualify for acceptance to the software engineering degree program at WSU in Everett, you must complete the prerequisites in the table below prior to your start in the program. (Some accommodation might be made in certain circumstances. Check with one of our academic coordinators.)
- A grade of C (2.0 on a 4 point grade system), or better, is required for all courses in the table below.
- You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (for all college coursework taken)
|WSU Course Requirement||WA Community College Transfer Equlvalency|
|Math 171 Calculus I||Calculus I and Calculus II|
|Math 172 Calculus II||Calculus Ill|
|Math 220 Linear Algebra||Linear Algebra|
|Economics 101 or 102||Micro or Macro Economics|
|CPTS 121 & 122 (C/C++) OR CPTS 131 & 132 (Java)**||** Equivalent Courses to WSU (programming course and data structures course)|
|English 101||English Composition|
|Additional Math Requirement (choose two (2) of the following):|
|Math 273||Calculus IV|
|Stat 212||Math 146 (check equivalency to WSU Stat 212 in transfer table)|
|Phil 201||Elementary Logic (equivalent to WSU Phil 201 in transfer table)|
|Math 301||Not generally offered at Wash. community colleges-check|
|Physics or Chemistry Lab Science with lab ( choose one (1) of the following):|
|Physics 201 Engineering Physics with lab||Engineering Physics I and II with labs|
|Chemistry 105 Principles of Chemistry with lab||Principles of Chemistry I and II with labs|
Check your courses for transfer equivalency here: transfercredit.wsu.edu
**Computer Programming courses vary between Community Colleges. Consult with our academic coordinator about your specific coursework.
Recommended: Two additional courses (not required for acceptance to the program) are beneficial to have completed in advance if equivalent courses are available at your transfer school:
WSU Cpts 223 (C++) or 233 (Java) Advanced Data Structures and WSU Cpts 260 Introduction to Computer Architecture