Senior Design Course
Sponsor a Senior Design Team
Let our seniors help you with your project. Sponsors provide tomorrow’s engineers and computer scientists valuable experience in project management, teamwork, innovation, and communication and presentation skills. Students gain real-world understanding of corporate priorities and product development.
As a sponsor you will provide:
- An industry mentor who has at least a four year technical degree. The mentor supplies a detailed description of the project and works with the senior team to establish client needs and as well as the needs of other stakeholders beyond the sponsoring company. Ideally the mentor meets with the team once per week for the duration of the project.
- A budget for the project. Budgets are flexible however the target amount is $5,000 provided by the sponsoring company. The budget pays for WSU staff support including electrical and mechanical shops; computer, electronic, and instrumentation hardware including printed circuit boards; computer software licenses; travel; and poster presentation materials. The dollar amount for the budget can be reduced substantially if the sponsoring company loans the team resources from their facility.
Contact one of our senior design faculty if you are interested in sponsoring a senior design team:
Computer science, Fall–Spring sequence –
Dr. Ananth Jillepalli: 509-335-0393 or email@example.com.
Computer science, Spring–Fall sequence –
Dr. Chris Hundhausen: 509-335-4590 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electrical and computer engineering, Fall–Spring sequence –
Dr. Patrick D. Pedrow: 509-335-1749 or email@example.com.
Electrical and computer engineering, Spring–Fall sequence –
Dr. Jose Delgado-Frias: 509-335-1156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to the generous sponsors who have supported senior design projects:
- Avista Utilities
- Chelan County P.U.D.
- Instat Research
- Morphogenesis, The Beginning of Shape
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratories
- Painted Dog Research Trust USA
- Palouse Discovery Science Center
- Scalable Analytics Institute
- Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- Tacoma Public Utilities
- Washington State University