- Recipient of the National Science Foundation CAREER award
- Doctor of Philosophy, Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1986.
- Master of Science, Electrical Engineering, National Institute for Astrophysics, Optics and Electronics, Mexico, 1980
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, National Autonomous University of Mexico, 1978.
- Washington State University, 2001-present
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Associate Professor, 2000-2001
- State University of New York at Binghamton, Assistant/Associate Professor, 1989-2000
- University of Oxford, England, Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, 1986-1989
- National Autonomous University of Mexico, Assistant Professor, 1980-1982
- State University of New York System Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1994
- Binghamton University Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1994.
- Twenty six U.S., European and World Patents
- Program Co-Chair, Workshop on VLSI for Artificial Intelligence and Neural Networks, 1988, 1990 and 1992.
- President Sigma Xi Triple Cities New York Chapter, 1995-2000