Venue: Courtyard Marriott, Portland Downtown/Convention Center
435 NE Wasco St, Portland, OR 97232
www.courtyardportlandcitycenter.com/Courtyard/Portland-Room block code: UIA
Hotel room block ends on July 13
If you are driving, there is a nightly parking charge at the Courtyard Marriott. If you are flying, you can take Portland light rail. Contact your hotel for specific directions. Please plan to arrive in order to attend a reception on Thursday Aug. 2, 2018.
1. If you are only attending our meeting:
The UI ASSIST group code is UIA, (rate of $189/night) for Thursday and Friday nights only. Book your group rate for UI Assist-Washington State University here.
2. If you are attending our meeting and IEEE and have not already booked a hotel room:
The Courtyard Marriot is a partner in the IEEE meeting, and as long as there is room availability you can make one reservation for your entire stay, but the rate will increase to the IEEE rate from Saturday night forward (book NOW as rooms are limited).
2a. You can book any IEEE hotel and inquire if they have availability prior to your IEEE.
In this case you may pay the higher rate of $239/night rate for your entire stay, unless you can negotiate the reduced government rate (it is my understanding that there is cap on the number of government rate rooms in the IEEE block).
IEEE hotels are all within blocks of each other. It is a good idea to check transportation with your IEEE hotel to the Courtyard Marriott.
3. If you have already booked your IEEE hotel and do not wish to change it:
You can inquire at your current hotel if they can expand your reservation to include your entire visit, all charged at the IEEE rate.
3a. You can change hotels, staying at the Courtyard Marriot on Thursday and Friday night and move to another hotel for the remainder of your stay.
CAUTION: IEEE contract rates at all their conference hotels start on Sunday night, so regardless of your accommodations, you must make sure your Saturday night stay is covered. The room block code for all IEEE hotels is on the IEEE link below, but “PES” should steer you in the right direction.
TRANSPORTATION TO THE HOTEL
TriMet is the agency that operates trains, buses and streetcars in the city of Portland, including MAX light rail trains stopping at the Oregon Convention Center.
1.This hotel is located on the Subway Station
Portland Lightrail-MAX Convention Center Stop, easily accessible at the airport. It is a short 2 block walk from the subway station to the hotel. You will not need a rental car.
- The current fare for an Adult ticket is $2.50/2½ hours or $5/day.
- MAX light rail – Before boarding, buy your ticket from a ticket machine located on the train platform. Keep your ticket until you have completed your trip.
- Buses – When you board, place your exact cash fare in the farebox. Be sure to tell the operator whether it’s for a 2½-Hour Ticket or a 1-Day Pass.
- Streetcar – Ticket machines are located at Streetcar stations and on board the trains. Machines accept debit/credit cards only.
2. This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
- Courtesy Phone Available
- Alternate transportation: Blue Star Shuttle; fee: 14 USD (one way) ;reservation required
- Estimated taxi fare: 35 USD (one way)
- Bus service, fee: 2.5 USD (one way)
3. Driving directions
I-205 South to I-84 West. Follow I-84 West to the exit #1 (Lloyd Blvd). Continue straight on Lloyd Blvd to Grand Ave. Turn right on Grand Ave. Left on Wasco St to hotel.
For Troubleshooting: please contact:
Sarah Criswell, Sales Manager, 503-382-3160.”